Saturday, May 14, 2011

Tea at the Museum

May 14, 2011
Took Anna to a museum for her first time today at the Altmaha (sp) art museum in Vidalia, GA. It was a tea for mothers and daughters. She liked the experience. I loved it. I dressed her up in periwinkle dress and white jacket and wore my plain old clothes, sad that I didnt have enough time to dress myself up a little, too. It was fun being around art and culture today; it's been a good while since I've been to a museum. Anna played musical chairs and didn't like losing. She almost won. That last chair did her in. She got to pick out a free piece of art for coming to the event and came home with a print of a yellow monarch butterfly.

Baby James turns 8 months tomorrow. Not crawling yet, but loves to jet around in his walker, chasing after Anna. He got his first tooth in - a bottom right - at 7 months. He's sitting up but frequently falls backwards. He is a joy, and he and Anna worship each other.

I haven't blogged in a while. My writing and thought processes are very rusty. I'm exhausted most days. Hopefully I can do some writing every day, even if just a little. I don't want to forget these days, these moments, with my children.

No comments: