Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Good Mommy-Day

May 18, 2011

I want to write about today because it was a really good day. Tonight I go to bed feeling like I was a good mother. I cooked with Anna - we made egg salad and tomato soup. Simple, but she enjoyed peeling the shell off the eggs and stirring the soup. There was no arguing or demanding, and Baby James played on his own, wheeling around in his walker, babbling and grabbing Anna's art off the walls while we cooked. I felt peaceful, and capable. Even a little domestic. I introduced Anna to an internet site for kids called Starfall (Starfall.com) and she was entranced by it, taken away to new worlds of learning letters and making stories, clicking on funny icons and singing animals. I cleaned the kitchen while she played her new games. I felt successful and loving.

I put happy kids down to bed tonight, nursing a tired baby and hugging an excited little girl who got to play like she wanted on the computer.

I want to remember today. Today I felt good at being a mommy - something that doesn't happen often. I thank God for this unexpected gift. The gift of today.

No comments: