Monday, May 14, 2012

May 14, 2012 Anna wants her brother's attention. Says, "James-James" two times in a row with urgency. I love to hear this. The other day, James took a toy and hit Anna's head. He was seated on the couch and her head was laid against the end of the sofa. Upon his hitting her, I took his hand in mind, laid a finger on it, and gave a firm, "No-No. No hit." He then looked at me, scooted himself off of the couch, then gave his sister a hug. I was so touched to see that at only 20 months, his young mind already was able to register that when we hurt someone, we say that we're sorry. And the beauty of seeing him communicate this without words. Only with a hug. The days of recovering from hernia repair surgery are dragging, dragging. By the time I can finally pick up James again, I wonder if he'll still even be interested in being picked up. I pray that he will. I miss the feel of him, of his weight against my hip as I stand with him in my arms.

No comments: